As part of our mission and core values, we work to achieve our mission, honor our values and follow our guiding principles every day by following a process and mindset we call COMMIT. Through COMMIT, we build loyalty and create a shared vision of success with customers, suppliers and co-workers. Ohio Transmission Corporation is one of the largest industrial distributors and service providers in the United States with a team of experts that prides itself on offering technical expertise and solutions across our broad product portfolio for industrial automation, electrical, fluid power, mechanical power transmissions, air compression, pumping systems, industrial finishes and fluid handling. We have over 40 locations across 19 states.
We began in 1963 as a small Columbus, Ohio-based industrial distributor of mechanical power transmission equipment and pumps. From the very beginning, our company leaders stressed the importance of hiring and developing great people, treating them right and coupling their talents with a wide range of products from top vendors to provide customers with the best quality products and technical application expertise and services at the lowest possible costs. We have always believed that professional management and state-of-the-art operating and logistics systems are important to the success of the people we work with. While our product lines have expanded significantly over the years, our commitment to integrity and fairness in all transactions with customers, suppliers and associates has remained constant and allowed us to grow rapidly.
We are among the largest industrial distributors in the United States, and we are planning for continued growth. Our size and strength gives us the resources to drive continuous improvement and lower costs. Our greatest strength is in the local decision-making of our people who have the flexibility to respond quickly to your needs. In every business transaction, our goal is to save our customers and partners time, money and resources through our unique combination of individual talent, excellent products and corporate strength.
Position Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain sales levels that – meet or exceed – annual sales goals.
- Excellent communications with all fellow associates and customers.
- Master technical sales skills; products knowledge, system design, utility products, and especially a superior understanding and execution of a proper sales process.
- Call on existing customers and secure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Follow-up on all actions and commitments and make sure that “we do what we say we will do”.
- Prospect, locate, secure and develop new buying accounts.
- Maintain an up to date customer database.
- Recognize potential problem areas and take corrective measures to ensure the proper resolution is taken and that the customer is 100% satisfied.
- Sell all products and services provided to our customers by Air Technologies.
- Communicate openly and work effectively with the Region Manager, Sales Engineers, Field Engineers, Region Support Staff, Corporate Services, All Associates and Vendors.
- Develop new service accounts for competitive equipment
- Track market opportunities
Position Qualifications Include:
- Strong sales background with a record of success.
- A college degree in Business or a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a sales role in the service industry
- Aftermarket business selling skills
- Territory Management experience
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work productively with other associates, customers, and vendors; a “team attitude”.
- A commitment to the concept of “doing it right the first time
Air Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our benefits program includes medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan – Additionally, we offer paid time off, short-and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Healthy Living Programs.