As part of our mission and core values we work to achieve our mission, honor our values and follow our guiding principles every day by following a process and mindset we call COMMIT. Through COMMIT, we build loyalty and create a shared vision of success with customers, suppliers and co-workers.
Air Technologies is one of the largest industrial distributors and service providers in the United States with a team of experts that prides itself on offering technical expertise and solutions across our broad product portfolio for industrial automation, electrical, fluid power, mechanical power transmissions, air compression, pumping systems, industrial finishes and fluid handling. We have over 42 locations across 19 states.
Since 1963, Air Technologies has established the kind of success that comes from hiring the best people, providing the best product and service solutions, and committing to the highest quality customer service. Today, Air Technologies is the largest industrial compressor distributor in the world! We are Atlas Copco’s top performing distributor in the U.S., and Atlas Copco is the most purchased air compressor in the world! From the very beginning, our company leaders stressed the importance of hiring and developing great people, treating them right and coupling their talents with a wide range of products from top vendors to provide customers with the best quality products and technical application expertise and services at the lowest possible costs. We have always believed that professional management and state-of-the-art operating and logistics systems are important to the success of the people we work with. While our product lines have expanded significantly over the years, our commitment to integrity and fairness in all transactions with customers, suppliers and associates has remained constant and allowed us to grow rapidly.
Air Technologies currently has an opening for an Industrial Sales Representative.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prospect, source, and maintain quality customers in assigned area.
- Achieve and exceed assigned sales goals by developing action plans and schedules to identify specific sales prospects, targets, and/or markets.
- Manage, call on, apply, and sell industrial vacuum pumps, blowers and nitrogen systems directly to customers in assigned region/area. Develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy to maximize business results with these customers and markets. Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity and as referred by telemarketing activity.
- Establish rapport and maintain regular contact with existing and new customers (particularly key accounts and resellers).
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries.
- Introduce new products and service capabilities.
- Actively engage in planned prospecting activities geared at increasing the customer base, and continually increasing market share.
- Maintain a professional image at all times through personal actions and initiatives.
- Enhance division and Company reputation and brand image by consistently working to implement the Company’s core values.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3-5+ years in Regional Business Development, Technical Sales or Sales Management
- Success in selling Industrial Compressed Air Systems is preferred but not required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a background in successful product growth
- Firm understanding of the sales process and value selling, as well as proven business analysis skills.
- The ability to indirectly manage cross functional groups, holding them accountable to perform without direct report responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or other technical area or equivalent combination of experience and education, preferred.
- Must be energetic, proactive, self-directed and have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Travel required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Air Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our benefits program includes medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan – Additionally, we offer paid time off, short-and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Healthy Living Programs.
About Air Technologies:
We are always looking for highly talented sales engineers and service technicians who align with our mission and core values of integrity, achievement, investment and balance.
Since 1963, Air Technologies has established the kind of success that comes from hiring the best people, providing the best product and service solutions, and committing to the highest quality customer service. Today, Air Technologies is the largest industrial compressor distributor in the world! We are Atlas Copco’s top performing distributor in the U.S., and Atlas Copco is the most purchased air compressor in the world!
We are committed to supporting strong and successful careers for our employees. We offer an outstanding benefits package including superior compensation, a 401K plan and wonderful opportunities for advancement. Join a winning team at Air Technologies!