OTC continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and its impact on our customers, suppliers and employees. We are making every effort to ensure that this situation will not affect the timeliness or quality of the services we provide for you.
- Based on services provided to our customers in the Critical Infrastructure categories, we are classified an Essential Business based on both federal and local guidelines. With precautionary measures in place, we remain fully operational in all facets of our business and continue to serve our customers during this difficult time.
- We are proud to have proven systems and processes in place that enable our employees to seamlessly provide customer support remotely if they are unable to report to our offices. We have also established remote working guidelines to help ensure we continue to provide the highest levels of customer service.
- OTC sales and service team members who are working onsite at your facility have been advised to consult with you on any special guidelines they need to follow when visiting your site. If you are expecting one of our team members and there is a reason why they should not come to your location, please notify your local OTC contact.
- Our procurement team is proactively working with our supplier partners to ensure potential supply chain disruptions are minimized. OTC communicates regularly with our suppliers for status updates and any potential changes in delivery timelines.
- We will tailor our approach to meet your specific needs, and we will adjust and communicate with you as circumstances change. If you have any questions or concerns about specific products or services, please reach out to your local OTC contact.
The health and safety of our employees, their families, our customers and our communities are of critical importance to OTC.
- All OTC locations are complying with local, state and government requirements and recommendations for social distancing and other preventive measures.
- Regular communications are sent to all employees advising them to take precautions as advised by the CDC (such as handwashing, using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, avoiding touching mouth/nose with unwashed hands, avoiding close contact with others where there are confirmed COVID-19 cases, etc.
OTC values our customer partnerships, and we are committed to staying connected with you and assisting you through this unprecedented situation. Thank you for being a valued partner.
If you have questions, concerns, or if there is anything we can do to assist you at this time, please reach out to your local OTC contact.
Chief Operating Officer
March 25, 2020